Monday 9 January 2012

project proposal

I chose Wall for my module as I would like to learn more about various techniques of presentation and organizing 3D space.
In my project I would like to explore the concept of identity. I will be particularly interested in the inner conflict of ‘good and evil’ which goes on within each of us. Such phenomena might lead to many extreme feelings such as a feeling of identity crisis, double personality or division of identity. It impedes to understand who we really are and to construct a stable sense of self. In my opinion no one has just one identity. The sense of identity constantly changes and is dependent on a state of mind we are currently in. Once some emotion takes over, we discover our other ‘faces’. We certainly learn more about ourselves; however it may leave us feeling divided and confused. In all of us there is a good and evil side and we all fight our own battle in the quest for identity. However more we try to get to know to ourselves, harder it becomes.
In my project I am planning to create a video with stills. I decided to use music in the background as I have always been interested in the relation between photography and music. The use of music might give an entirely different meaning to an image and change a perception of the viewer. Also it can create an interesting atmosphere and intensify our emotions. In addition to it I would like to build an installation. In my project I am going to use two dominant and contrasting colors – black and white as a symbol of good and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment